10.57.437 CLASS 8 DUAL CREDIT POSTSECONDARY FACULTY LICENSE
(1) A faculty member of a college or university is required to hold a Class 8 dual credit license, unless already licensed or eligible for licensure as a Class 1, 2, or 4 and properly endorsed, whenever a faculty member is teaching a dual credit course at the college or university for which one or more students will earn both high school and college credit.
(2) The license is valid for five years.
(3) To obtain a Class 8 dual credit postsecondary faculty license, an applicant shall provide the following:
(a) verification of faculty employment from the Chief Academic Officer or an appropriate official of the employing regionally accredited college or university;
(b) compliance with all other nonacademic requirements for licensure as required by 20-4-104, MCA, ARM 10.57.201 and 10.57.201A;
(c) recommendation from the Chief Academic Officer from a regionally accredited college or university verifying the applicant plans to teach in a subject covered by the K-12 endorsement areas in ARM 10.57.438, and will teach a subject in which the applicant has a major or minor; and
(d) verification of completion of the online course "An Introduction to Indian Education for All in Montana."
(4) Class 8 dual credit license applications will be reviewed by the Certification Standards and Practices Advisory Council for recommendation regarding issuance of the license by the Superintendent of Public Instruction. Denial of an application for licensure shall be appealable to the Board of Public Education pursuant to ARM 10.57.607.
(5) A Class 8 dual credit postsecondary faculty license may be consecutively reissued upon submission and approval of an application for renewal. An educator with a lapsed Class 8 license must submit a new application.
(6) A Class 8 license shall not be valid unless the licensee is in an employment relationship with a regionally accredited college or university.
History: Mont. Const. Art. X, sec. 9, 20-4-102, MCA; IMP, Mont. Const. Art. X, sec. 9, 20-4-106, 20-4-108, MCA; NEW, 2008 MAR p. 2050, Eff. 9/26/08; AMD, 2009 MAR p. 2244, Eff. 11/26/09; AMD, 2014 MAR p. 2930, Eff. 7/1/15; AMD, 2015 MAR p. 1051, Eff. 7/31/15; AMD, 2022 MAR p. 799, Eff. 5/28/22.