12.3.803 ISSUANCE AND USE OF A LICENSE SOLD BY AUCTION OR LOTTERY
(1) A license obtained through an auction or lottery may not be resold and may not be transferred except in accordance with this rule.
(2) The highest bidder or lottery winner may designate one person to receive the license before issuance of the license by submitting a completed and signed affidavit provided by the department.
(3) The department shall issue the appropriate hunting license to the highest bidder, lottery winner, or a designee:
(a) after receipt of completed application; and
(b) after verification that the applicant is legally able to be licensed.
(4) A license sold by auction or lottery is valid for one animal of the species for which it is issued.
(5) A license sold by auction or lottery may be used in legally described hunting districts during legal hunting seasons for the species for which the license is issued.
History: 87-2-722, 87-2-724, 87-2-725, 87-2-811, 87-2-812, MCA; IMP, 87-2-722, 87-2-724, 87-2-725, 87-2-811, 87-2-812, MCA; NEW, 2012 MAR p. 1842, Eff. 9/21/12; AMD, 2022 MAR p. 280, Eff. 2/26/22; TRANS, from ARM 12.3.133, 2022 MAR p. 325, Eff. 3/12/22.