17.24.1246 RESTRICTIONS ON EMPLOYEE FINANCIAL INTERESTS: RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DIRECTOR
The director shall:
(1) provide advice, assistance, and guidance to each state employee, to determine if the employee is required to file a statement pursuant to ARM 17.24.1249;
(2) promptly review the statement of employment and financial interests and supplements, if any, filed by each employee to determine if the employer has correctly identified those listed employment and financial interests which constitute a direct or indirect financial interest in a strip or underground mining operation;
(3) resolve prohibited financial interests by ordering or initiating remedial action or by reporting the violations to the Federal Coal Regulatory Authority;
(4) certify on each statement that review has been made, that prohibited financial interests, if any, have been resolved, and that no other prohibited interests have been identified from the statement;
(5) submit to the Federal Coal Regulatory Authority such statistics and information as he or she may request to enable preparation of the required annual report to congress;
(6) submit to the Federal Coal Regulatory Authority the initial listing and the subsequent annual listings of positions as required in ARM 17.24.1249;
(7) furnish a blank statement 45 days in advance of the filing date established in ARM 17.24.1249 to each employee required to file a statement;
(8) inform annually each employee required to file a statement of the person whom they may contact for advice and counseling; and
(9) comply with ARM 17.24.1247.
History: 82-4-204, 82-4-205, MCA; IMP, 82-4-254, MCA; NEW, 1980 MAR p. 725, Eff. 4/1/80; AMD, 1989 MAR p. 30, Eff. 1/13/89; TRANS, from DSL, 1996 MAR p. 3042.