17.30.1033 REISSUANCE OF PERMITS
(1) Any permittee who wishes to continue to discharge after the expiration date of his MGWPCS permit must request reissuance of his permit at least 90 days prior to its date of expiration.
(2) The request for reissuance of an MGWPCS permit must be in letter form and contain as a minimum the following information:
(a) the number of the issued MGWPCS permit and date of its issuance; and
(b) any past, present, or future changes in the quantity or quality of the authorized discharge not reflected in the conditions and terms of the issued MGWPCS permit.
(3) The department shall review each request for reissuance of an MGWPCS permit in light of the existing MGWPCS permit, information provided by the permittee with the request for reissuance, and other information available to the department to insure that the following conditions exist:
(a) That the permittee is in compliance with or has substantially complied with all the conditions and terms of the expiring MGWPCS permit.
(b) That the discharge is consistent with applicable discharge limitations and compliance schedules and ground water quality standards.
(c) That the department has up-to-date information on the permittee's production levels and waste treatment practices and the quantity, quality, and frequency of the permittee's discharge.
(4) Following the review of the request for reissuance of an MGWPCS permit and any other supplemental information requested by the department, the department shall make a tentative determination to reissue or refuse to reissue an MGWPCS permit.
(5) The processing procedures for MGWPCS permit applications described in ARM 17.30.1024(4) through (9) will apply to the reissuance of an MGWPCS permit.
History: 75-5-401, MCA; IMP, 75-5-401, MCA; NEW, 1982 MAR p. 1937, Eff. 10/29/82; TRANS, from DHES, 1996 MAR p. 1499.