In this subchapter the following terms have the meanings indicated below:
(1) "Chemical water conditioner" means a water softening chemical or other substance containing phosphorus which is intended to treat water for use in machines for washing laundry.
(2) "Commercial establishment" means any premises used for the purpose of carrying on or exercising any trade, business, profession, vocation, or commercial or charitable activity, including but not limited to laundries, hospitals, hotels, motels, and food or restaurant establishments.
(3) "Household cleaning product" means any product including but not limited to soaps and detergents, used for domestic or commercial cleaning purposes, including but not limited to the cleaning of fabrics, dishes, food utensils, and household and commercial premises. Household cleaning product does not mean foods, drugs, cosmetics, or personal care items such as toothpaste, shampoo, or hand soap.
(4) "Person" means any individual, proprietor of a commercial establishment, corporation, municipality, the state or any department, agency, or subdivision of the state, and any partnership, unincorporated association, or other legal entity.
(5) "Phosphorus" means elemental phosphorus.
(6) "Trace quantity" means an incidental amount of phosphorus which is not part of the household cleaning product formulation, and is present only as a consequence of manufacturing, and does not exceed 0.5% of the content of the product by weight expressed as elemental phosphorus.
History: 75-7-401, MCA; IMP, 75-7-401, MCA; NEW, 1986 MAR p. 1464, Eff. 8/29/86; TRANS, from DHES, 1996 MAR p. 1499.