17.50.1505 TRANSPORTATION REQUIREMENTS
(1) Infectious waste must be transported according to the provisions of 75-10-1005(6), MCA, and this subchapter.
(2) A transporter may not transport infectious waste in the same vehicle as noninfectious waste unless:
(a) infectious waste is enclosed in a separate container as provided in ARM 17.50.1507; or
(b) the infectious and any noninfectious waste being transported will be treated according to the requirements of 75-10-1005, MCA, and ARM 17.50.1506.
(3) A transporter may not accept for transport any container of infectious waste that does not meet the requirements of ARM 17.50.1507 or that shows visible signs of damage or leakage or is not properly sealed and labeled.
(4) A vehicle used to transport infectious waste must carry a spill containment and cleanup kit. A person who transports infectious waste must be trained in the use of protective equipment, emergency response, and spill containment and cleanup procedures.
(5) Each vehicle and container used to transport infectious waste must be designed and constructed to preserve vehicle and container integrity in the event of a traffic accident and prevent releases of infectious waste to the environment.
(6) A transporter shall keep records of the loading dates, volumes, sources, waste descriptions, and final destinations of all waste transported. The records must be maintained for five years and be made available for inspection by department personnel upon request.
(7) U.S. Department of Transportation warning and signage requirements for vehicles transporting infectious waste are provided in 49 CFR 172.323.
History: 75-10-208, MCA; IMP, 75-10-1004, 75-10-1005, MCA; NEW, 2013 MAR p. 1825, Eff. 10/18/13