17.50.213 PAYMENT REQUESTS
(1) Payment requests shall consist of:
(a) standard billing document; and
(b) a completed authorization to remove the vehicle and request for reimbursement for each vehicle for which a claim for payment is made. The authorization and request must be on a form provided by the department.
(2) The authorization to tow and request for reimbursement form must be signed by a representative designated pursuant to ARM 17.50.211. If the form is not signed, the form must be considered incomplete and payment must be denied. The claim may be resubmitted.
(3) The department shall pay each claim at the flat rate of $125 per vehicle removed.
(4) When a vehicle is sold pursuant to 61-12-404, MCA, the sheriff or the police department must notify the department and identify the vehicle sold.
(5) Each hired vehicle remover is encouraged to report to the department all abandoned vehicles hauled, even if no claim for payment is submitted.
(6) Proceeds from the sale of a vehicle at a sheriff's sale pursuant to 61-12-407(2), MCA, must be used to reimburse the department for the hired removal charge paid by the department.
(7) If an abandoned vehicle is reclaimed by the owner and the hired vehicle remover has received payment from the department for the hauling charge, the hired vehicle remover shall reimburse the department the paid removal charge.
(8) If a hired vehicle remover fails to report to the department that an owner has reclaimed an abandoned vehicle or fails to make a reimbursement required by (7), the department may declare the hired vehicle remover to be ineligible for future reimbursements for removal costs.
History: 75-10-503, MCA; IMP, 75-10-532, MCA; NEW, 1999 MAR p. 2452, Eff. 10/22/99; AMD, 2006 MAR p. 2961, Eff. 12/8/06; AMD, 2011 MAR p. 379, Eff. 3/25/11; AMD, 2019 MAR p. 2098, Eff. 11/23/19.