17.50.218 APPROVAL OF COUNTY JUNK VEHICLE SALES
(1) A county must receive department approval prior to conducting junk vehicle sales.
(2) A county wishing to obtain approval to conduct such sales must submit a plan to the department detailing how the vehicle sales will be noticed, administered, and conducted.
(3) Plans that are submitted which are inconsistent with any of the applicable rules of the department relating to junk vehicles will not be approved.
(4) Upon approval by the department, the county may conduct sales in accordance with the procedures specified in the approved plan. Once approval is granted to the county, it will remain in effect until revoked by the department or until the county requests termination.
(5) If the county desires to make changes in its procedures for sales of junk vehicles, the county must submit an updated plan to the department for approval prior to implementing such changes in its procedures.
(6) If a county fails to comply with the requirements of this subchapter, the department may revoke the approval of the county junk vehicle sale plan.
History: 75-10-503, MCA; IMP, 75-10-503, 75-10-521, MCA; NEW, 1992 MAR p. 1370, Eff. 6/26/92; TRANS, from DHES, 1995 MAR p. 2253.