17.53.704 TRAINING OF TRANSFER FACILITY PERSONNEL
(1) Transfer facility personnel shall successfully complete a program of classroom instruction or on-the-job training that teaches them to perform their duties in compliance with the requirements of this rule and ARM 17.53.706 and 17.53.707.
(2) At a minimum, the training program must be designed to ensure that transfer facility personnel are able to respond to emergencies by familiarizing the transfer facility personnel with emergency procedures, emergency equipment, and emergency systems.
(3) Transfer facility personnel shall successfully complete the required training program within six months after the first day of their employment. Employees may not work in unsupervised positions until they have completed the required training.
(4) Transfer facility personnel shall take part in an annual review of the initial training required in (1) .
(5) The owner or operator of the transfer facility
shall maintain the following documents and records at the facility:
(a) the job title for each position at the transfer
facility related to hazardous waste management, and the name of the employee
filling each job;
(b) a written description of the type and
amount of both introductory and continuing training that will be given to each
person filling a position related to hazardous waste management; and
(c) records that document that the training or job
experience required under (1) and (2) of this rule has been given to, and
completed by, transfer facility personnel.
(6) Training records on current personnel must
be kept until closure of the transfer facility. Training records on former employees must be kept for at least 3
years from the date the employee last worked at the transfer facility. Personnel training records may accompany
personnel transferred within the same company.
History: 75-10-405, MCA; IMP, 75-10-405, MCA; NEW, 2001 MAR p. 169, Eff. 1/26/01.