17.56.1403 LICENSE CATEGORIES
(1) There are five license categories:
(a) installers, which includes those licensees who install or close underground storage tank systems;
(b) removers, which includes those licensees who only close underground storage tank systems;
(c) installation inspectors, which includes those licensees who inspect underground storage tank installations or underground storage tank closures;
(d) compliance inspectors, which includes those licensees who inspect operating underground storage tank facilities for compliance with underground storage tank regulations; and
(e) oversight inspectors, which includes those licensees who conduct oversight inspections to verify accuracy of inspection reports submitted by compliance inspectors.
(2) An application for a license required by this subchapter must be made on the appropriate form provided by the department and include all the information required by the department.
(3) The application must include an affirmation that the information provided is correct.
(4) An application for an installer license must be accompanied by at least three references from other persons attesting to the applicant's experience in the installation and closure of underground tank systems. The references must be written on forms provided by the department.
(5) References for an applicant seeking an installer license must show that the applicant actively participated in at least three underground storage tank system installations and two closures that were completed in accordance with applicable statutes and rules in the last three years.
(6) References for an applicant seeking a remover license to conduct tank system closures must establish that the applicant has actively participated in at least three closures in the last three years.
(7) An application for a compliance inspector license must, in addition to the other requirements of this rule, be accompanied by at least three references attesting to the applicant's experience in underground storage tank regulations, operation, maintenance, and inspections. The references must be written on a form provided by the department.
(8) The department shall evaluate applications and attachments for conformity with this subchapter and Title 75, chapter 11, part 2, MCA. The department shall notify an applicant if it determines that an application is incomplete and shall provide an explanation of what information is needed for the application to be considered complete. The department shall hold incomplete applications pending the receipt of additional information.
History: 75-11-204, MCA; IMP, 75-11-204, 75-11-210, 75-11-509, MCA; EMERG, NEW, 1990 MAR p. 1827, Eff. 10/1/90; AMD, 1994 MAR p. 2744, Eff. 10/14/94; TRANS, from DHES, 1995 MAR p. 2259; AMD & TRANS, 2000 MAR p. 969, Eff. 4/14/00; AMD, 2016 MAR p. 1694, Eff. 9/24/16.