Unless the context requires otherwise, as used in this subchapter:
(1) "Act" means the alternative energy revolving loan statutes set out in Title 75, chapter 25, part 1, MCA.
(2) "Alternative energy system" has the same meaning as in 15-32-102, MCA.
(3) "Capital investment" has the same meaning as in Title 15, chapter 32, part 1, MCA.
(4) "Capital investments for energy conservation purposes when done in conjunction with an alternative energy system" means a capital investment that is used for an energy conservation purpose that is in the same structure as, and is constructed, installed, or otherwise put in service as part of, or at about the same time as, an alternative energy system to reduce the size of energy system needed.
(5) "Customer-generator" has the same meaning as in 69-8-103, MCA.
(6) "Department" means the Montana Department of Environmental Quality established by 2-15-3501, MCA.
(7) "Geothermal system" means a system that transfers energy either from the ground, by way of a closed loop, or from ground water, by way of an open loop, for the purpose of heating or cooling a building or for a commercial or industrial process.
(8) "Low emission wood or biomass combustion device" is a device that meets the standards:
(a) in 15-32-102, MCA; or
(b) adopted by a local air pollution control program established under 75-2-301, MCA.
(9) "Net metering" has the same meaning as in 69-8-103, MCA.
(10) "Net metering system" has the same meaning as in 69-8-103, MCA.
(11) "Nonprofit organization" means a corporation in good standing that is organized under the Montana Nonprofit Corporation Act, Title 35, chapter 2, MCA, or under an equivalent law of another state if that corporation has registered to do business in Montana.
(12) "Recognized nonfossil forms of energy generation" has the same meaning as in 15-32-102, MCA.
(13) "Residence" means any single- or multi-family, primary, or secondary dwelling place.
(14) "Return on investment" is a calculated simple payback for a system based on the installed cost of components, the current value of energy produced when the system goes into service, and the estimated useful life of the equipment.
(15) "Small business" means one that:
(a) is independently owned and operated;
(b) is not dominant in its field of operation; and
(c) employs 100 or fewer individuals.
History: 75-25-102, MCA; IMP, 75-25-102, MCA; NEW, 2003 MAR p. 233, Eff. 2/14/03; AMD, 2007 MAR p. 34, Eff. 12/22/06; AMD, 2013 MAR p. 670, Eff. 4/26/13.