18.12.317 REQUEST FOR AGENCY ACTION
(1) An aircraft owner requesting a one-time 30-day payment due date exception, or who disputes any portion of the registration process, including registration fee assessment or penalty assessment, must submit a request for agency action on a form provided by the department and available on the department's website. A due date exception request must be received by the department before the invoice due date for initial registrations, or before March 1 for renewal registration.
(2) The request for agency action must include:
(a) Aircraft FAA registration N number;
(b) FAA registered owner name (individual or entity);
(c) FAA registered owner street address and email address;
(d) FAA registered owner telephone number;
(e) Responsible person's (e.g., agent, lessee, employee) name, address, email address, and telephone number if different from owner's information;
(f) Specific action or accommodation being requested; and
(g) Owner's basis for the request, including supporting information or documentation.
(3) The department may request additional information or documentation which must be supplied within 30 days, and if not timely received will result in denial of the owner's extension or claim.
(4) The department will issue its decision and provide the decision in writing within 30 days of receipt of a properly completed and supported request form.
(5) Department consideration of agency action requests is at its sole discretion. Owner completion of an agency action request does not automatically grant deadline extension or waiver of fees or penalties.
History: 67-3-101, MCA; IMP, 67-3-104, 67-3-202, 67-3-203, MCA; NEW, 2020 MAR p. 184, Eff. 2/1/20.