The following definitions apply to terms found in this subchapter:
(1) "Allocate" or "allocation" means the department's annual calculation of a local government's share, in the ratio provided for in 15-70-101, MCA, of BARSAA revenue collected during the previous calendar year.
(2) "Bridge and Road Safety and Accountability" program, or "BARSAA" means the local government road construction and maintenance match program established by 15-70-127, MCA.
(3) "Calendar year" means a twelve-month period between January 1 and the following December 31.
(4) "Collected" means revenue received as required by 15-70-403, MCA.
(5) "Completed project" means a closed project on which planned expenditures for the project have been paid in full.
(6) "Distribute" or "distribution" means the department's disbursement of allocated or reserved BARSAA funds to local governments.
(7) "Fiscal year" means the twelve-month period between July 1 and the following June 30.
(8) "Local government" means a Montana city, town, county or consolidated city-county government.
(9) "Locally designated signature authority" means the person identified by a local government as authorized to approve requests for distribution, requests for reservation, and annual reports.
(10) "Obligate" or "obligation of funds" means an action by a local government to commit the BARSAA funds to a project, either through a contract or by inclusion as an authorized expenditure in a local government's fiscal year budget.
(11) "Project description" includes: project name, project location, type of work, total cost estimate, source of match, and estimated completion date.
(12) "Reserve" means allocated BARSAA funds held by the department at the request of a local government.
(13) "Unobligated funds" means funds not obligated by March 1, five years after the calendar year in which the funds were distributed or would have been distributed if not reserved, which must be returned to the department's BARSAA local government restricted account.
(14) "Unused funds" means funds not used by a local government for the requested purpose or project, by March 1, five years after the calendar year in which the funds were distributed or would have been distributed if not reserved, which must be returned to the department's BARSAA local government restricted account.
(15) "Withdrawn project" means a project a local government has removed from its original distribution request list or re-prioritized after distribution of funds.
History: 15-70-104, MCA; IMP, 15-70-127, 15-70-130, 60-2-225, MCA; NEW, 2017 MAR p. 2278, Eff. 12/9/17.