18.6.241 CHURCH AND SERVICE CLUB SIGNS
(1) A church, service club, or youth organization which conducts regular meetings may erect and maintain signs which give the name of the organization and the time and place at which regular meetings are held. Church and service club signs must comply with sign standards found in 75-15-113, MCA, and ARM 18.6.231, unless otherwise specified in this rule.
(2) Church and service club signs must not:
(a) have more than a total of four signs erected by any one group, of which no more than three can face in the same direction of travel;
(b) be more than five miles from where the meetings or functions are regularly held; and
(c) exceed eight square feet.
(3) The activity advertised must be a regularly scheduled daily, weekly, monthly, or quarterly meeting, function, or gathering which members of the traveling public using the highway will be likely to want to find and attend.
(4) This rule is not intended to cover advertising of annual events, such as county fairs, or activities which are continuously in existence such as a college or hospital. Further, it is not intended to cover advertising of sports events or other activities for which an admission fee is customarily charged.
(5) A permit must be obtained for each church or service club sign accompanied by a nonrefundable inspection fee. There is no initial permit fee or renewal fee for church or service club signs.
History: 75-15-121, MCA; IMP, 75-15-111, 75-15-113, 75-15-121, MCA; NEW, Eff. 12/8/75; AMD, 1996 MAR p. 1855, Eff. 7/4/96; AMD, 2008 MAR p. 2476, Eff. 11/27/08; AMD, 2012 MAR p. 185, Eff. 1/27/12; AMD, 2016 MAR p. 1440, Eff. 8/20/16.