As used in this sub-chapter, the following definitions
(1) "Assignee" means the financial institution or non-profit organization
that receives the assigned portion of the employee's wages.
(2) "Assignor" means the state employee who assigns a portion of the
employee's wages to a financial institution or a non-profit organization.
(3) "Central payroll" means the work unit located in the department of
administration that is responsible for final payroll processing.
(4) "Financial institution" means any commercial bank,
savings and loan association, or credit union.
(5) "Insurance" means the products offered by insurance companies
authorized to conduct business in this state and that have been approved by the
insurance commissioner pursuant to the applicable provisions of the laws
governing the filing of insurance rates and forms.
(6) "Investment programs" mean annuities, bonds, retirement programs, and
other legitimate investment opportunities.
(7) "Mandatory payroll deduction" means a deduction that is withheld from
the employee's pay as required by law, a court, a collective bargaining
agreement, or any other legal instrument.
(8) "Non-profit organization" means any charitable, educational or
scientific organization which qualifies under federal tax law as an
organization able to receive tax deductible contributions.
(9) "Voluntary payroll deduction" means an automatic deduction requested
by a state employee to be withheld from the employee's state payroll warrant
which is not otherwise provided for by federal or state law, rule, regulation,
or collective bargaining agreement.
History: 2-18-401, MCA; IMP, 2-18-401 et seq. , MCA; NEW, 1997 MAR p. 2278, Eff. 12/16/97.