(1) Agency managers shall document the following in the recruitment and selection process:
(a) job information;
(b) screening information; and
(c) applicant information.
(2) For the purposes of this subchapter, "job information" includes but is not limited to:
(a) a description of the current duties of the job;
(b) a copy of the vacancy announcement;
(c) a copy of newspaper or journal advertising, if any;
(d) a list of all recruitment sources used; and
(e) a copy of Internet posting, if any.
(3) For the purposes of this subchapter, "screening information" includes but is not limited to:
(a) a copy of all selection procedures and any criteria used to evaluate qualifications;
(b) the names and titles of any persons who participated in the design or administration of the selection procedures; and
(c) a statement of why and how the hiring decision was made.
(4) For the purposes of this subchapter, "applicant information" includes, but is not limited to:
(a) all applications, supplemental question responses, evaluation notes, reference checks, and any other application materials received;
(b) applicants' demographic information from the applicant survey page; and
(c) correspondence with applicants.
(5) Agencies shall maintain items listed in this rule for a period of time consistent with the General Records Retention Schedule found at http://sos.mt.gov/records/state.
History: 2-18-102, MCA; IMP, 2-18-102, MCA; NEW, 1984 MAR p. 1560, Eff. 10/26/84; AMD, 1994 MAR p. 1412, Eff. 5/27/94; AMD, 1997 MAR p. 2279, Eff. 12/16/97; AMD, 2006 MAR p. 2901, Eff. 11/23/06; AMD, 2010 MAR p. 2208, Eff. 9/24/10; AMD, 2018 MAR p. 90, Eff. 1/13/18.