As used in this subchapter the following definitions apply:
(1) "Access" means viewing or using records.
(2) "Confidential information" has the meaning set forth in 2-6-1002(1), MCA.
(3) "Employee personnel record" means information relating to an employee's employment with the state of Montana that is appropriate for preservation as an official record of employment policies, practices, and decisions. An employee personnel record may be a paper document or it may be information maintained in an information system such as the Statewide Accounting Budgeting and Human Resource System (SABHRS). Employee personnel records include the documents listed in ARM 2.21.6612.
(4) "Genetic information" means information about applicants' or employees' genetic tests, the genetic tests of their family members, and the manifestation of a disease or disorder in their family members, including information obtained orally or inadvertently (refer to ARM 2.21.4009). Records containing genetic information are listed in ARM 2.21.6613.
(5) "Genetic test" means an analysis of human DNA, RNA, chromosomes, proteins, or metabolites that detect genotypes, mutations, or chromosomal changes.
(6) "Records" means a body of recorded information. This information may be manually or electronically recorded and maintained.
History: 2-18-102, MCA; IMP, 2-18-102, MCA; NEW, 1981 MAR p. 1776, Eff. 12/18/81; AMD, 1992 MAR p. 1232, Eff. 6/12/92; AMD, 2007 MAR p. 612, Eff. 5/11/07; AMD, 2010 MAR p. 1070, Eff. 4/30/10; AMD, 2011 MAR p. 1677, Eff. 8/26/11; AMD, 2018 MAR p. 92, Eff. 1/13/18.