2.43.3505 ESTABLISHMENT OF LONG-TERM DISABILITY TRUST FUND
(1) The board shall establish a long-term disability trust fund to be used exclusively for the payment of disability benefits to participants of the Defined Contribution Retirement Plan (DCRP).
(2) The long-term disability trust fund is a governmental plan under Internal Revenue Code section 401(a)(24) and may be invested in one or more group trust funds as determined by the Montana Board of Investments.
(a) The group trust fund or funds may be a group trust fund presently in existence or later established as permitted under IRC section 401(a)(24), IRS Revenue Ruling 81-100, IRS Revenue Ruling 2004-67, IRS Revenue Ruling 2011-1, and IRS Revenue Ruling 2014-24.
(b) The group trust fund or funds must be operated and maintained exclusively for the commingling and collective investment of monies pursuant to applicable IRS guidance and must be adopted as a part of the long-term disability trust fund.
(c) No part of the corpus or income of the long-term disability trust fund may be used for, or diverted to, any purpose other than the exclusive benefit of the disabled DCRP participants and their beneficiaries. This exclusive benefit provision is irrevocable.
(3) The long-term disability trust fund must be separate and distinct from the Defined Benefit Plan Trust Fund and the DCRP.
(4) The long-term disability trust fund must be funded by the statutorily determined percentage of the employers' contributions made for employees who are active DCRP participants.
(5) In addition to the requirements of (2), funds in the long-term disability trust fund will be invested pursuant to Article VIII, section 13, of the Constitution and Title 17, chapter 6, part 2, MCA.
History: 19-3-2104, 19-3-2141, MCA; IMP, 19-2-504, 19-3-2117, 19-3-2141, MCA; NEW, 2002 MAR p. 1884, Eff. 7/12/02; TRANS, from ARM 2.43.1005, 2008 MAR p. 2467, Eff. 12/1/08; AMD, 2015 MAR p. 812, Eff. 6/26/15.