2.59.1101 APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR APPROVAL TO ESTABLISH A NEW BRANCH BANK
(1) An existing state-chartered bank that does not meet the criteria in ARM 2.59.904(2) shall file with the department an application for approval to establish and operate a new branch bank.
(2) Applications shall be submitted to the department using the Uniform Interstate Application/Notice form. Electronic submission of applications to firstname.lastname@example.org is preferred.
(3) The applicant shall publish its notice of intent to establish a new branch bank using the following procedure:
(a) if the application for a new branch bank also requires the approval of either the federal reserve system or the federal deposit insurance corporation, the notice shall be published at the times and in the format required by the federal agency, except that the notice shall include the following information which may be rephrased as needed: "Comments regarding this application should be forwarded in writing via email to email@example.com. Comments will also be accepted by mail addressed to the Commissioner of Banking and Financial Institutions, Department of Administration, 301 South Park, P.O. Box 200546, Helena, MT 59620-0546. The application may be reviewed, during the comment period, at the above address by calling the commissioner's office at (406) 841-2920 and requesting an appointment";
(b) if the applicant does not fall under the regulatory jurisdiction of either the federal reserve system or the federal deposit insurance corporation, or if the publication requirement of the federal regulator has been eliminated, the notice shall be published, following a format obtained from the department, in a newspaper of general circulation in the community or communities where the main office of the bank and proposed branch bank are located. If there is no such newspaper in the community, then the notice shall be published in the newspaper of general circulation published nearest thereto. Publication shall be made at least once a week on the same day for two consecutive weeks.
(4) All written comments concerning the application must be received by the department no later than 15 calendar days following the date of the last publication of the notice of intent. Comments received more than 15 calendar days after the date of the last publication will not be considered in the decision to approve or deny the application.
(5) The application shall be emailed or delivered to the department not more than ten days subsequent to the first publication of notice.
History: 32-1-218, 32-1-372, MCA; IMP, 32-1-218, 32-1-372, MCA; NEW, 1989 MAR p. 2201, Eff. 12/22/89; AMD, 1994 MAR p. 1146, Eff. 4/29/94; AMD, 1997 MAR p. 1454, Eff. 8/19/97; TRANS, 1998 MAR p. 2480, Eff. 9/11/98; TRANS, from Commerce, 2001 MAR p. 1178; AMD, 2016 MAR p. 2326, Eff. 12/10/16; AMD, 2020 MAR p. 1698, Eff. 9/12/20.