2.59.1707 REVOCATION, SUSPENSION, OR SURRENDER OF LICENSE
(1) The department may suspend or revoke a license for a violation of the Montana Mortgage Act, this subchapter, or for any other violation of state or federal law pertaining to licensees or residential mortgage loans.
(2) A licensee may offer to surrender a license by submitting an offer of surrender or withdrawal of a license through the NMLS. An offer of surrender or accepted surrender does not affect the licensee's civil or criminal liability for acts initiated or committed while licensed.
(3) A licensee who surrenders a license while not in compliance with a conditional agreement cannot reinstate the license or obtain a new license for a period of three years after the surrender, unless the conditions that led to the conditional license have been fully resolved.
(4) A revocation, suspension, or surrender of a license does not impair or affect the obligation of a preexisting lawful contract between the licensee and any person, including a borrower.
(5) In the event of a revoked, suspended, or surrendered mortgage broker, mortgage lender, or loan originator license, no fees will be refunded by the department.
History: 32-9-130, MCA; IMP, 32-9-126, 32-9-130, MCA; NEW, 2004 MAR p. 1133, Eff. 5/7/04; AMD, 2010 MAR p. 307, Eff. 2/12/10; AMD, 2012 MAR p. 1762, Eff. 9/7/12; AMD, 2021 MAR p. 715, Eff. 6/12/21; AMD, 2022 MAR p. 228, Eff. 2/12/22.