For the purposes of this chapter, these definitions apply:
(1) "Board" means the Board of Pardons and Parole as authorized in 2-15-2302 and 46-23-104, MCA.
(2) "Conditional Release" means the placement by the department of an offender into the community under the jurisdiction of the department and subject to the department's rules.
(3) "Department" means Department of Corrections as authorized in 2-15-230, MCA.
(4) "Offender" means a person convicted and sentenced for a felony offense.
(5) "Parole" means the release from incarceration by the Board of Pardons and Parole prior to the completion of an offender's sentence of incarceration.
(6) "Probation" means the district court's release of an offender into the community, subject to supervision by the department.
History: 53-1-203, MCA; IMP, 53-1-203, MCA; NEW, 2011 MAR p. 235, Eff. 2/25/11.