For the purposes of this subchapter, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Assigned juvenile parole officer" means the officer whom the Youth Services Division assigns to monitor the youth who enters a state youth correctional facility.
(2) "Department" means the Department of Corrections as authorized in 2-15-2301, MCA.
(3) "Discharge" means formal action taken by the department to relieve both the department and the youth court of jurisdiction over a youth who has been committed to department custody.
(4) "Facility" means a state youth correctional facility as defined in 41-5-103, MCA.
(5) "Length of stay" means the length of time a youth is incarcerated in a state youth correctional facility.
(6) "Parole" means release from a state youth correctional facility to the community, subject to supervision of the department.
(7) "Release" means the act of allowing the youth to leave the youth correctional facility to juvenile parole.
(8) "Secure facility emergency release" is a release granted by the superintendent of a state youth correctional facility because the population of the facility has exceeded the capacity of the facility.
(9) "Youth parole agreement" means a document containing the terms and conditions of the youth's release on parole.
History: 52-5-102, MCA; IMP, 52-5-102, MCA; NEW, 1999 MAR p. 214, Eff. 1/29/99; AMD, 2001 MAR p. 672, Eff. 4/27/01; AMD, 2013 MAR p. 1337, Eff. 7/26/13.