23.12.1207 RANKING OF PRESERVICE APPLICANTS FOR ELIGIBILITY TO ATTEND THE BASIC COURSE
(1) Preservice applicants who pass the written tests shall be ranked according to the sum total of the scores achieved in the tests and this score shall be converted to a percentage of the total possible 100.
(2) A maximum of 40 points will be added to this written test score in the following manner, according to credits earned from a postsecondary institution that is accredited by a national or regional accrediting agency:
(a) five points for 30 college semester credits or 45 college quarter credits;
(b) ten points for 60 college semester credits or 90 college quarter credits;
(c) fifteen points for 90 college semester credits or 135 college quarter credits;
(d) twenty points for 120 college semester credits or 180 college quarter credits;
(e) twenty points is the maximum number of points that can be added without having earned a degree;
(f) an additional five points will be added for an associate degree;
(g) an additional ten points will be added for a baccalaureate degree;
(h) an additional 15 points will be added for a master's degree;
(i) an additional 20 points will be added for a doctoral degree;
(j) twenty points is the maximum number of points that can be added for a college degree; and
(k) ten additional points will be added to the written test score of a person who is a veteran.
(3) Five additional points will be added to the written test score of a person who is a reserve officer of a law enforcement agency and is sponsored by the agency's administrator.
(4) A maximum of 55 points will be added to the applicant's written test score based on performance during the oral interview.
(5) Based on this maximum total of 200 points, applicants will be ranked in order by score.
(6) This ranking is meant only to qualify the applicants for attending the Montana Law Enforcement Academy Law Enforcement Officer Basic Course and is not meant to qualify these individuals for employment as peace officers.
History: 44-10-202, MCA; IMP, 44-10-301, MCA; NEW, 1990 MAR p. 1261, Eff. 7/1/90; AMD, 2006 MAR p. 2917, Eff. 11/23/06; TRANS, from ARM 23.17.107, 2008 MAR p. 1470, Eff. 7/18/08; AMD, 2009 MAR p. 867, Eff. 5/29/09; AMD, 2014 MAR p. 323, Eff. 2/14/14.