23.15.201 CLAIM AND INITIAL DETERMINATION
(1) To initiate a claim, a claimant must complete either the form provided by the unit or a form which substantially conforms to the unit's form. The unit may provide claimant with the unit's form and require its completion prior to processing of the claim.
(2) The claimant must provide complete information and, upon request, supporting documents.
(3) A claimant who fails to respond to a request from the unit for information or supporting documents within a reasonable time may be denied his or her claim without prejudice. If the claimant submits the required evidence or supporting documents and reasons for not responding within a reasonable time, a reconsideration may be made on the merits of the claim.
(4) A request for benefits under 53-9-128 (9) , MCA, is an application for compensation. The person applying for benefits is subject to all the requirements of the Crime Victims Compensation Act and Administrative Rules of Montana for the Crime Victims Compensation Act.
(5) The office will issue its initial determination accepting, denying, or reconsidering claims for compensation benefits.
History: Sec. 53-9-104, MCA; IMP, Sec. 53-9-121, 53-9-124, 53-9-127, 53-9-128, MCA; NEW, 1987 MAR p. 1793, Eff. 10/16/87; AMD, 1994 MAR p. 1999, Eff. 7/22/94; AMD, 2001 MAR p. 674, Eff. 4/27/01; AMD, 2002 MAR p. 1753, Eff. 6/28/02.