23.16.1103 SMALL-STAKES CARD GAME TOURNAMENTS
(1) A licensed operator with a permit to operate at least one live card game table on premises may apply to the department for an annual permit to conduct small-stakes card game tournaments. The application must be submitted on Form 14B, the small-stakes card game tournament permit application, which is available from the department. The annual permit fee must accompany the submission of the application. The small-stakes card game tournament permit is effective July 1 through June 30.
(2) The only consideration that may be paid to participate in a small-stakes card game tournament is a single entry fee which must be paid before the start of the tournament, and may under no circumstances exceed $80. No other fees or costs may be assessed to participate in a small-stakes tournament.
(3) Small-stakes card game tournaments may only be conducted on permitted card tables, plus one additional card table used only for small-stakes tournament play.
(4) A small-stakes card game tournament permit holder may conduct a small-stakes card game tournament for charitable purposes.
(5) For each charitable tournament, the permit holder conducting the tournament shall maintain for a period of 12 months from the date of the tournament, and provide to the department upon request:
(a) a record of the total amount of entry and reentry fees collected in the charitable tournament;
(b) a description of how the tournament was publicly identified as a charitable tournament;
(c) the name and address of each charitable, educational, or recreational nonprofit organization that received a distribution of the charitable proceeds; and
(d) the amount of money distributed to each charitable, educational, or recreational nonprofit organization.
History: 23-5-115, MCA; IMP, 23-5-317, MCA; NEW, 2013 MAR p. 1606, Eff. 10/1/13; AMD, 2014 MAR p. 1505, Eff. 7/11/14.