23.16.1232 OPERATION OF THE GAMES – TABLE STAKES
(1) Play must always proceed in a clockwise direction, with each player's turn to act following the person on the player's immediate right.
(2) The operator or card room contractor may set a minimum buy-in, a maximum buy-in, or both, for each game. The operator or card room contractor must announce the length of time a player may leave the game and still be considered part of the same playing session.
(3) The dealer must advise each new player of rules of the game being played prior to the ante.
(4) A player may not remove any of his or her chips from the table until the player quits the game. However, a player may use chips to pay for other goods or services in the premises.
(5) Players may only purchase additional chips between hands.
(6) Concealed chips may not be used in play for a game.
(7) Only poker chips and/or cash on the table (table stakes) at the start of a hand may be in play for that pot.
History: 23-5-115, MCA; IMP, 23-5-309, 23-5-311, 23-5-312, 23-5-313, 23-5-324, MCA; EMERG, NEW, 1990 MAR p. 286, Eff. 2/9/90; AMD, 1991 MAR p. 1942, Eff. 10/18/91; AMD, 2013 MAR p. 1606, Eff. 9/6/13.