23.3.112 ORDER OF STEPS IN EXAMINING
An examiner shall conduct the driver's examination in the following order:
(1) Ask preliminary questions and have
applicant complete necessary forms.
(2) Give vision test.
(3) Give written (road signs and road rules) test. (Oral for illiterates.) If applicant fails any portion of the inside test, list the station, date,
initial, and note portion of test failed on original copy of receipt. Make sure
that applicant understands that receipt is not license to drive.
(4) Give driving test. The inside test must be completed satisfactorily
before conducting the driving test. If driving test is failed, sign and issue
(5) Return applicant to exam station, fill
in photo information form, and take picture.
(6) Validate "temporary license" and issue to applicant.
(7) If any question on the application is
not answered, read it slowly to the applicant and record his answer. If he
refuses to answer the question, explain that it is impossible for the state to
grant a license until all of the questions on his application have been
(8) If the applicant is under 18 years of
age, the application is not complete and may not be accepted unless accompanied
by one of the two alternative forms of the affidavit of consent provided by the
division. The affidavit must be signed by the person and in the manner
described in ARM 23.3.115.
(9) If the applicant is a driver education
student who is 15 or 16 years of age, be sure he has passed an approved course.
(10) The examiner should be certain that
the correct residence address is shown on the application, as we must be able,
at any time, to reach all drivers by mail.
(11) If there is any doubt about an address
or permanency, get a second address of relative, employer, or associate through
whom the applicant may be located.
History: Sec. 44-1-103 MCA; IMP, Sec. 61-5-101 et seq. 12/31/72; AMD, Eff. 12/5/76; AMD, 1980 MAR p. 2/15/80.