23.3.568 TEST SCHEDULING, RECORDKEEPING, AND TRANSFERRING CDL SKILLS TEST RESULTS
(1) Third-party CDL skills testing programs and their CDL skills test examiners must comply with the testing standard of 49 CFR Part 384.
(2) The examiner must, in CSTIMS:
(a) schedule each test applicant at least two days prior to conducting the initial CDL skills test and follow up CDL skills tests;
(b) confirm applicant CLP has the proper class and endorsements for the applicable test;
(c) record required information of the applicant and the commercial motor vehicle used for the test on the electronic testing tablet;
(d) electronically transfer CDL skills testing results to the division; and
(e) track pass/fail rates for each component must be recorded for each third-party CDL skills test examiner.
(3) The examiner must conduct the three components of the CDL skills test in proper sequence:
(a) first component--vehicle Inspection;
(b) second component--basic control skills test;
(c) third component--road test.
(4) The examiner must ensure the applicant uses the same commercial motor vehicle for each component of the CDL skills test.
(5) The examiner must ensure the applicant successfully completed the vehicle inspection component before conducting the basic control skills test component.
(6) The examiner must ensure the applicant successfully completed the vehicle inspection component and the basic control skills component before conducting the road test component.
(7) If an applicant does not successfully complete all components of the CDL skills test, the components that were successfully completed can be banked. The applicant does not have to retake successfully completed components unless their current CLP expires. Banked components cannot be carried over to a new or renewed CLP.
(8) If an applicant fails and seeks to retake the vehicle inspection or basic controls skills component of the CDL skills test, the examiner must schedule in CSTIMS the subsequent testing appointment at least two days before the test.
(9) If an applicant fails and seeks to retake the road test, the examiner must schedule in CSTIMS the subsequent testing appointment at least six days before the test.
(10) The third-party CDL skills testing program must keep CDL skills testing examiner records, including:
(a) background test results;
(b) a copy of the Montana CDL;
(c) Montana CDLIS MVR showing proof of a current medical examiner's certificate;
(d) Montana CDL skills test examiner certificate; and
(e) results of all CDL skills tests by component and scoring details.
(11) The third-party CDL skills testing program must maintain all CDL skills tests for a minimum of three years.
History: 61-5-118, MCA; IMP, 61-5-118, MCA; NEW, 2019 MAR p. 176, Eff. 2/9/19.