Unless the context requires otherwise, the following definitions apply to ARM 23.3.802 through 23.3.807:
(1) "Applicant" means a person seeking to title, register or renew registration for a vehicle.
(2) "Bus" means, as provided in 61-1-115 , MCA, "every motor vehicle designed for carrying more than 10 passengers and used for the transportation of persons and every motor vehicle, other than a taxicab, designed and used for the transportation of persons for compensation."
(3) "Dealer" means a new or used car dealer licensed by the department in accordance with Title 61, chapter 3, MCA.
(4) "Declared weight" means the total unladen weight of a bus, heavy truck, truck tractor or trailer plus the weight of the maximum load to be carried on the vehicle as provided by the applicant in an original or prior registration application submitted to the department.
(5) "Department" means the department of justice or its designated agent.
(6) "Heavy truck" means a truck that has a manufacturer's rated capacity of more than 1 ton. The term also includes a van or sport utility vehicle that has a manufacturer's rated capacity of more than 1 ton.
(7) "Light vehicle" means, as provided in 61-1-139 , MCA, "a motor vehicle commonly referred to as an automobile, van, sport utility vehicle, or truck having a manufacturer's rated capacity of 1 ton or less." The term also includes an amphibious vehicle with a manufacturer's rated capacity of 1 ton or less.
(8) "Manufacturer's rated gross combined weight" means, as provided in 61-3-528 , MCA, "the manufacturer's published weight of the allowable load for a truck tractor and trailer combined and includes the weight of the truck tractor and the trailer."
(9) "Manufacturer's rated gross vehicle weight" means, as provided in 61-3-528 , MCA, "the manufacturer's published weight of the allowable load for a truck and includes the weight of the truck."
(10) "Manufacturer's suggested retail price" (or "MRSP") means the price suggested by the manufacturer for each given type, style, or model of light vehicle, inclusive of equipment standard to the vehicle and exclusive of price additions or deductions for optional accessories available from the manufacturers or the price of any special equipment or after-manufacture accessories attached to the vehicle.
(11) "Rated capacity" (or "RC") means the manufacturer's rated gross vehicle weight for a bus or heavy truck or the manufacturer's rated gross combined weight for a truck tractor.
(12) "Truck" means, as provided in 61-3-528 , MCA, "a motor vehicle designed to carry an entire load. The truck may consist of a chassis and body or a chassis-cab and body or it may be of unitized construction so that the body and cab appear to be a single unit."
(13) "Truck tractor" means, as provided in 61-1-108 , MCA, "every motor vehicle designed and used primarily for drawing other vehicles and not constructed to carry a load other than a part of the weight of the vehicle and load drawn."
(14) "Sport utility vehicle" means, as provided in 61-1-140 , MCA, "a light vehicle designed to transport 10 or fewer persons that is constructed on a truck chassis or that has special features for occasional off-road use. The term does not include trucks having a manufacturer's rated capacity of 1 ton or more."
History: Sec. 61-3-506, MCA; IMP, 61-3-101, 61-3-503, 61-3-504, 61-3-529, 61-3-530, MCA; NEW, 1997 MAR p. 2292, Eff. 12/16/97.