As used in this subchapter, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Applicant" means an employer that is seeking a grant.
(2) "Client" means an individual participating in the HELP-Link program offered by the department, or an individual who is eligible to participate in the HELP-Link program.
(3) "Department" means the Department of Labor and Industry.
(4) "Employer" means a for-profit business, a nonprofit business, or a public entity that:
(a) is properly registered with the secretary of state to conduct business as:
(i) a sole proprietor, if required;
(ii) a corporation;
(iii) a partnership;
(iv) a limited liability company; or
(v) an unincorporated association; and
(b) has Montana operations.
(c) The term does not include an entity of state government or temporary services contractors as defined by 39-8-102, MCA.
(5) "HELP-Link" means the workforce development program operated by the department to identify workforce development opportunities focusing on specific labor force needs within the state of Montana and for other purposes as provided by Title 39, chapter 12, part 1, MCA.
(6) "Skills-based training" means training which allows the client to obtain job-specific knowledge and abilities that are relevant to work performed by employees of the employer. Skills-based training must increase the quality of tasks a client can perform, increase the number of tasks a worker can successfully perform, or provide the ability to demonstrate that a worker can execute old tasks in new ways as a direct result of the training.
History: 39-12-107, MCA; IMP, 39-12-103, 39-12-106, MCA; NEW, 2020 MAR p. 2409, Eff. 12/25/20.