24.138.3001 ADVERTISING FEE INFORMATION
(1) Fixed fees may be advertised for any service. It is presumed, however, that unless otherwise stated in the advertisement that a fixed fee for a service shall include the cost of all professional recognized components within generally accepted standards that are required to complete the service.
(2) A range of fees may be advertised for services and the advertisement must disclose the factors used in determining the actual fee, necessary to prevent deception to the public.
(3) Discounted fees may be advertised if the discounted fee is actually lower than the licensee's customary or normal fee charged for the service and the licensee provides the same quality and components of service and material that he or she provides at the normal, nondiscounted fee for that same service.
(4) Related services that may be required in conjunction with the advertised services for which additional fees will be charged must be identified in any advertisement.
(5) Advertised fees shall be honored for those seeking the advertised services during the entire time period stated in the advertisement whether or not the services are actually rendered or completed within that time. If there is no time period stated in the advertisement of fees, the advertised fee shall be honored for 30 days from the last day of publication or until the next scheduled publication, whichever is later.
History: 37-4-205, MCA; IMP, 37-4-205, MCA; NEW, 1991 MAR p. 2415, Eff. 12/13/91; TRANS, from Commerce, 2003 MAR p. 2435.