24.147.1602 CEMETERY PERPETUAL CARE AND MAINTENANCE TRUST ACCOUNTS – GENERAL
(1) These rules are for the purpose of regulating management of cemetery perpetual care and maintenance trusts per the requirements of Title 37, chapter 19, part 8, MCA.
(2) Cemeteries licensed by the board must establish, maintain, and manage perpetual care and maintenance trust funds and appropriate financial records per requirements in 37-19-822, 37-19-823, and 37-19-828, MCA, and these rules.
(3) Perpetual care and maintenance funds must be kept separate from all other cemetery funds.
(4) Records for perpetual care and maintenance funds must be kept separate from all other cemetery financial records.
(5) Cemeteries licensed by the board must maintain all financial records pertaining to cemetery perpetual care and maintenance trusts so those are readily available for inspection and examination by the board.
(6) Cemeteries licensed by the board must submit an annual perpetual care and maintenance fund report to the board on a board-developed reporting form per the requirements in ARM 24.147.1604.
History: 37-1-131, 37-19-202, 37-19-807, MCA; IMP, 37-1-131, 37-19-807, 37-19-822, 37-19-823, 37-19-829, MCA; NEW, 2017 MAR p. 2187, Eff. 11/25/17.