24.147.507 MORTICIAN LICENSES
(1) Applicants for licensure not currently licensed in another state or jurisdiction must submit a completed application on forms provided by the department. Completed applications include appropriate fees and required documentation.
(2) Applicants must have a minimum of an associate degree in funeral service or mortuary science from a program accredited by the American Board of Funeral Service Education (ABFSE) or its successor which consists of a minimum of 60 semester credits or 90 quarter credits. All transcripts must be certified and sent directly from the school(s).
(3) Exceptions to the education requirements in (2) are as follows:
(a) if an applicant graduated or attended a foreign school or university instead of obtaining the required education from an accredited U.S. school or university as described in (2), the applicant must submit transcripts or other official documentation which will be evaluated by the board; and
(b) per ARM 24.147.508, relevant military training, service, or education which will be evaluated by the board.
(4) In addition to the education requirements for licensure, applicants must:
(a) have completed an internship as required in 37-19-302, MCA, and ARM 24.147.504;
(b) have passed examinations as described in ARM 24.147.509; and
(c) provide verification of any professional license(s) the applicant has ever held in any state or jurisdiction.
(5) Incomplete applications will automatically expire one year from the date the fee was received. If an application expires, the applicant must reapply and pay all appropriate fees.
History: 37-1-131, 37-19-202, MCA; IMP, 37-1-131, 37-19-302, 37-19-303, MCA; Eff. 12/31/72; AMD, 1979 MAR p. 328, Eff. 3/30/79; AMD, 1981 MAR p. 1058, Eff. 9/18/81; TRANS, from Dept. of Prof. & Occup. Lic., Ch. 274, L. 1981, Eff. 7/1/81; AMD, 1984 MAR p. 815, Eff. 5/18/84; AMD, 1985 MAR p. 1610, Eff. 11/1/85; AMD, 1998 MAR p. 2959, Eff. 11/6/98; AMD, 2000 MAR p. 1630, Eff. 6/30/00; TRANS, from Commerce, 2002 MAR p. 790; AMD, 2006 MAR p. 1169, Eff. 5/5/06; AMD, 2013 MAR p. 1191, Eff. 7/12/13; AMD, 2016 MAR p. 314, Eff. 2/20/16; AMD & TRANS, from ARM 24.147.402, 2018 MAR p. 440, Eff. 2/24/18; AMD, 2020 MAR p. 670, Eff. 4/18/20.