24.156.2718 CONTINUED COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
(1) All licensed ECPs are required to complete continued competency requirements prior to their license expiration date.
(2) Proof of completion shall be retained by the ECP and submitted to the department upon request in one of the following forms:
(a) a current active or inactive NREMT certification card; or
(b) a certificate of completion, issued and signed by the lead instructor and/or medical director, of the NREMT continued competency training requirements.
(3) The lead instructor is responsible for the quality, consistency, and management of the continued competency training at the EMR and EMT levels and shall maintain records of all courses conducted including an agenda and detailed student performances that document the licensee's ability demonstrated during the training.
(4) The medical director is responsible for the quality, consistency, and management of the continued competency training at the EMT with endorsement(s), AEMT, and paramedic levels. The medical director may assign duties as appropriate, but retains the overall responsibility for the training.
(5) All ECPs shall affirm understanding of their recurring duty to comply with continued competency requirements as part of license renewal.
(a) The ECP is responsible for maintaining documentation of completed continued competency training and their medical director's authorization/attestation of continued competence (including endorsement skills) on a board-approved form which shall be made available to the board upon request.
(b) The medical director may require the ECP to complete training to ensure competency of endorsement skills.
History: 50-6-203, MCA; IMP, 50-6-203, MCA; NEW, 2013 MAR p. 120, Eff. 2/1/13; AMD, 2015 MAR p. 820, Eff. 6/26/15; AMD, 2017 MAR p. 487, Eff. 4/29/17; AMD, 2019 MAR p. 431, Eff. 4/27/19; AMD, 2020 MAR p. 679, Eff. 4/18/20; AMD, 2022 MAR p. 520, Eff. 4/16/22.