24.16.4004 TIME PERIODS – SUBMITTING DOCUMENTS TO THE DEPARTMENT
(1) Time periods for acts required by these rules will exclude the first day and include the last day, unless the last day falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or legal holiday. In that event, the period runs until the end of the next regular workday, which is not a Saturday, Sunday, or legal holiday.
(2) All claims, complaints, requests, responses, and documents required or allowed to be submitted to the department:
(a) may be submitted in person, by regular mail, electronically (e-mail), by facsimile (fax), or via online portal when available; and
(b) are considered filed with the department on the date the department receives them.
(3) Submissions received after 11:59 p.m. mountain time will have a filing date of the next regular workday.
(4) Parties must ensure that submissions are timely received by the department. Failure, malfunction, or unavailability of electronic equipment does not excuse a party from the requirements of timely filing.
(5) Only one copy of an e-mail or fax submission must be filed even if multiple copies otherwise would be required.
History: 2-4-201, 18-2-409, 18-2-431, 39-3-202, 39-3-403, MCA; IMP, 2-4-201, 18-2-407, 18-2-409, 18-2-423, 18-2-424, 39-3-206, 39-3-207, 39-3-209, 39-3-210, 39-3-216, 39-3-407, MCA; NEW, 2022 MAR p. 152, Eff. 1/29/22.