24.174.1704 REQUIREMENTS FOR SUBMITTING PRESCRIPTION REGISTRY INFORMATION TO THE BOARD
(1) All prescription drug order information for controlled substances shall be submitted to the board pursuant to this subchapter.
(2) A pharmacy shall submit all prescription drug order information for a controlled substance or a zero report to the board no later than close of the next business day after the date of dispensing the controlled substance or the zero report.
(3) A pharmacy that does not dispense controlled substances shall notify the board by submitting an appropriate board-approved form attesting that the pharmacy does not dispense controlled substances. A pharmacy is not exempt from reporting requirements until it receives approval from the board.
(a) The board-approved form submitted by a pharmacy that does not dispense controlled substances shall be maintained on file with the board and at the pharmacy's location.
(b) A pharmacy's exempt status does not end unless the pharmacy is either issued a new license number or until the pharmacy dispenses a controlled substance.
(4) In the event that a pharmacy cannot submit the required information as described in this rule, the pharmacy must timely report that fact to the board on or before the date the submission is due. The board office may grant an extension, at their discretion, when a pharmacy notifies the board that they are unable to submit their report.
(5) It is the responsibility of the submitting pharmacy to address any errors or questions about information that the pharmacy has submitted to the prescription drug registry and resubmit corrected data within seven days after the date of the original submission.
History: 37-7-1512, MCA; IMP, 37-7-1503, 37-7-1512, MCA; NEW, 2012 MAR p. 506, Eff. 3/9/12; AMD, 2015 MAR p. 302, Eff. 3/27/15; AMD, 2018 MAR p. 1825, Eff. 9/8/18; AMD, 2022 MAR p. 1842, Eff. 9/24/22.