24.180.507 MASTER PLUMBERS OF RECORD - REGISTRATION OF BUSINESS NAME
(1) At the time of application for licensure as a master plumber or at the time of renewal of the master's license, the applicant or licensee shall designate on the application whether the master plumber is designated as a master plumber of record and shall state the name of the plumbing business for which the master plumber will be so designated. The designation made on an application or renewal must be received by the board before the designation is effective.
(2) A master plumber must notify the board in writing whenever a master plumber is:
(a) designated as the master plumber of record; or
(b) terminated as the master plumber of record.
(3) If a new master plumber of record is designated for a plumbing business that already has a master plumber of record, the effect is a termination of the prior master plumber of record designation.
(4) No change of status will be lawful until the board receives actual notice in writing of the status change, regardless of whether the change is a designation as a master plumber of record, a termination as a master plumber of record, or both.
(5) A master plumber shall be the master plumber of record for only one plumbing business at any one point in time, and shall not assume or perform the duties or obligations of a master plumber of record for any other plumbing business, without first providing the notice required by this rule.
(6) A master plumber of record shall be responsible for supervising all plumbing work performed by the plumbing business for which the master plumber of record is designated and shall ensure that all plumbing work is done in compliance with all applicable standards, rules, codes, and statutes, including, but not limited to, licensing laws and building codes.
(7) A master plumber of record designation is required at all times that a plumbing business engages in any of the following:
(a) advertising services in the field of plumbing;
(b) bidding or contracting for work in the field of plumbing; and
(c) applying for or obtaining a plumbing permit, or any part or renewal of a plumbing permit.
History: 37-69-202, MCA; IMP, 37-69-305, 37-69-306, 37-69-323, MCA; NEW, Eff. 6/5/74; TRANS, from Dept. of Prof. & Occup. Lic., Ch. 274, L. 1981, Eff. 7/1/81; AMD, 1995 MAR p. 466, Eff. 3/31/95; AMD, 2000 MAR p. 825, Eff. 3/31/00; TRANS, from Commerce, 2004 MAR p. 1472; AMD, 2012 MAR p. 1635, Eff. 8/10/12.