24.182.511 PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR TRAINEE
(1) Applicants who are at least 18 years of age, but not meeting the experience requirements of a private investigator, may apply for a private investigator trainee license.
(2) The application must comply with all of the requirements of ARM 24.182.501 and include a statement from a licensed private investigator:
(a) that the licensee will employ and provide direct supervision of the trainee, as defined in ARM 24.182.301; and
(b) setting forth the scope of the trainee's duties and training.
(3) A trainee may not conduct an independent business or act as an independent contractor.
(4) Employment and training of the trainee may not begin until:
(a) the board or its designee has approved the application; and
(b) the applicant has received the trainee license and identification card.
(5) Trainee licenses must be renewed as set forth in ARM 24.101.413.
(6) Trainee licenses may be renewed a maximum of four times.
(7) Private investigator trainees must take the private investigator licensure examination within one year from meeting the age and experience requirements.
(8) Private investigators shall submit quarterly reports, on a board-approved form, regarding each private investigator trainee they supervise.
(9) Trainees must complete a training program required by ARM 24.182.804.
History: 37-1-131, 37-60-202, MCA; IMP, 37-1-131, 37-60-202, MCA; NEW, 1986 MAR p. 46, Eff. 5/30/86; AMD, 1990 MAR p. 1772, Eff. 9/14/90; AMD, 1997 MAR p. 633, Eff. 4/8/97; AMD, 1998 MAR p. 2705, Eff. 10/9/98; TRANS, from Commerce, & AMD, 2005 MAR p. 1926, Eff. 10/7/05; AMD, 2006 MAR p. 1583, Eff. 7/1/06; AMD, 2010 MAR p. 1194, Eff. 5/14/10; AMD, 2017 MAR p. 1957, Eff. 10/28/17.