As used in this subchapter, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Apprenticeship agreement" has the meaning provided for by 39-6-105, MCA.
(2) "Apprenticeship articulation agreement" means an agreement between a pre-apprenticeship program and a registered apprenticeship program that defines the steps required for a pre-apprenticeship program participant to enter a registered apprenticeship program.
(3) "Department" means the Montana Department of Labor and Industry, as provided for by 2-15-1701, MCA. The department is the state apprenticeship agency.
(4) "Pre-apprenticeship" means a department-recognized workforce training
program endorsed by one or more registered apprenticeship sponsors that focuses on educating and training program participants to achieve at least minimum qualifications for entry into registered apprenticeship programs upon completion.
(5) "Registered apprentice" means an individual whose apprenticeship agreement has been officially recognized and registered with the department.
(6) "State apprenticeship advisory council" means the advisory body designated by the department pursuant to ARM 24.21.205. The term "State Apprenticeship Council" as defined by 29 CFR 29.2 shall be interpreted to refer to the same body.
(7) "State apprenticeship and training program" means the organizational unit of the department described in ARM 24.21.202.
History: 39-6-101, MCA; IMP, 39-6-101, 39-6-105, MCA; NEW, 2010 MAR p. 2962, Eff. 12/24/10; AMD, 2020 MAR p. 2419, Eff. 12/25/20; AMD, 2021 MAR p. 1547, Eff. 11/6/21.