24.225.925 CONTINUING EDUCATION – CERTIFIED EUTHANASIA TECHNICIANS
(1) Certified euthanasia technicians are required to obtain continuing education (CE) hours prior to renewal on May 30 every three years after the first year of licensure. The CE must be obtained within the twelve months between the second and third renewals.
(2) Approved CE to meet board requirements consists of both:
(a) a euthanasia training program as described in ARM 24.225.907; and
(b) passing both a written and practical euthanasia training exam as described in ARM 24.225.910.
(3) All licensees shall affirm an understanding of their recurring duty to comply with CE requirements as a part of annual license renewal.
(4) The board may randomly audit up to 50 percent of renewed licensees.
(5) All CE must be documented to show proof of completion. The licensee is responsible for maintaining these records for one year following the renewal cycle reporting period and for making those records available upon board request. Documentation must include the following information:
(a) licensee name;
(b) course title and description of content;
(c) presenter or sponsor;
(d) course date(s); and
(e) number of CE hours earned.
(6) Licensees found to be in noncompliance with CE requirements may be subject to administrative suspension. Licensees may not apply CE hours used to complete delinquent CE requirements for the next education reporting period.
(7) Any CE hours required by disciplinary order do not apply toward the CE that are required annually under this rule.
(8) A licensee may request a hardship exemption from CE requirements due to certified illness or undue hardship. Requests will be considered by the board.
History: 37-1-131, 37-1-319, 37-18-202, 37-18-603, MCA; IMP, 37-1-131, 37-1-306, 37-1-319, 37-18-603, MCA; NEW, 2004 MAR p. 1324, Eff. 6/4/04; TRANS, from Commerce, 2005 MAR p. 323; AMD, 2006 MAR p. 1583, Eff. 7/1/06; AMD, 2020 MAR p. 1633, Eff. 8/29/20.