24.26.1008 HEARING ON REPRESENTATION MATTERS
(1) The board agent may refer matters to a hearing officer for consideration under this subchapter.
(2) The hearing officer shall conduct an informal hearing for matters under this subchapter.
(a) The hearing officer shall consider evidence submitted by the parties and take testimony from witnesses.
(b) The hearing officer is not bound by common law or statutory rules of evidence.
(3) The hearing officer shall issue a written order within 28 days of the board agent's referral of the matter to the hearing officer.
(4) A hearing officer may, at the hearing officer's discretion or upon good cause shown by a party, extend the order deadline for an additional period not to exceed a total of 35 days from the matter's referral to the hearing officer.
(5) Unless the rule specifically states otherwise, the hearing officer's orders issued under this rule are subject to review by the board under ARM 24.26.254.
History: 39-31-104, 39-32-103, MCA; IMP, 39-31-202, 39-31-207, 39-31-208, 39-32-113, MCA; NEW, 2020 MAR p. 2422, Eff. 12/25/20.