24.29.4321 INSURER REPORTING REQUIREMENTS--INJURIES AND OCCUPATIONAL DISEASES
(1) All insurers and the UEF are required to submit a first report of injury or occupational disease to the department within 30 days of the report to the insurer of the accident or of an occupational disease.
(2) All insurers and the UEF are required to submit a first report of injury and occupational disease to the department within 14 days of notification by the department that a previously submitted report contains a data error.
(3) All insurers are required to submit to the department a workers' compensation subsequent report for every indemnity claim within 14 days of the occurrence of any one of the following triggering events:
(a) each six-month anniversary of the injury or occupational disease, while the claim is open;
(b) notification by the department that a previously submitted report contains a data error; or
(c) a request by the department for a report.
(4) Upon closure of a claim, the workers' compensation subsequent report may be filed either within 14 days of the time the claim is closed or at the next six month anniversary of the injury or occupational disease.
(5) The department will identify transmission errors and notify the trading partner via the electronic acknowledgment record. The trading partner must correct the identified errors and resubmit the record within 14 days of receiving the acknowledgment record.
(6) The department may impose penalties as specified in 39-71-307 , MCA, for failure to comply with these reporting requirements.
History: 39-71-203, MCA; IMP, 39-71-225, 39-71-307, MCA; NEW, 1994 MAR p. 2630, Eff. 10/1/94; AMD, 2000 MAR p. 2701, Eff. 10/6/00; AMD, 2003 MAR p. 2297, Eff. 10/17/03; AMD, 2006 MAR p. 546, Eff. 2/24/06.