24.301.181 INCORPORATION BY REFERENCE OF INTERNATIONAL WILDLAND-URBAN INTERFACE CODE (IWUIC)
(1) The department adopts and incorporates by reference the International Wildland-Urban Interface Code, 2021 edition, published by the International Code Council, unless another edition is specifically stated, together with Appendix "B" (Vegetation Management Plan) and Appendix "C" (Fire Hazard Severity Form).
(2) Section 302 is deleted in its entirety and replaced with the following:
"The governmental body or some other official state or local agency shall declare the wildland-urban interface areas within the jurisdiction. Such declaration or designation shall be based on findings of fact or some other process already completed such as mapping, boundary designations, or other informative processes such as wildland fire plans. Cities, counties, and towns that have adopted the International Building Code or the International Residential Code in connection with their certification to enforce building codes will, if they elect to enforce the International Wildland-Urban Interface Code, record the official wildland-urban interface areas on maps available for inspection by the public.
(3) Chapter 4 is deleted in its entirety.
(4) Subsection 101.2, Scope, is modified by:
(a) Deleting the first sentence and replacing with: "The provisions of this code shall apply to the construction, alteration, movement, repair, addition, change-of-use or remodeling of any building, structure, or premises within the designated wildland-urban interface within the jurisdiction."
(5) Subsection 101.4, Retroactivity, is deleted in its entirety.
(6) Subsection 101.5, Additions or Alterations, delete the written exception.
(7) Subsection 101.6, Maintenance, is deleted in its entirety.
(8) Subsection 102.6, Existing Conditions, is modified by:
(a) Deleting "International Property Maintenance Code."
(9) Section 103, Enforcement Agency, is deleted in its entirety.
(10) Subsection 107.2, Permits Required, retain the first sentence and delete the remainder of the subsection.
(11) Subsection 110.4.4, Citations, is deleted in its entirety.
(12) Subsection 110.4.5, Unsafe Conditions, is deleted in its entirety.
(13) Subsection 188.8.131.52, Record, is deleted in its entirety.
(14) Subsection 184.108.40.206, Notice, is deleted in its entirety.
(15) Subsection 220.127.116.11.1, Method of Service, is deleted in its entirety.
(16) Subsection 18.104.22.168, Placarding, is deleted in its entirety.
(17) Subsection 22.214.171.124.1, Placard Removal, is deleted in its entirety.
(18) Subsection 126.96.36.199, Abatement, is deleted in its entirety.
(19) Subsection 188.8.131.52, Summary Abatement, is deleted in its entirety.
(20) Subsection 184.108.40.206, Evacuation, is deleted in its entirety.
(21) Replace Table 503.1 "Ignition-Resistant Construction" with the one below:
Fire Hazard Severity
1.5 X Conforming
(22) Section 602, Automatic Sprinkler Systems, is deleted in its entirety.
(23) Section 604, Maintenance of Defensible Space, is deleted in its entirety.
(24) The IWUIC adopted by reference in (1) is a nationally recognized model code setting forth minimum standards and requirements for the safeguarding of life and property. A copy of the IWUIC may be obtained from the International Code Council at www.ICCSafe.org.
History: 50-60-203, MCA; IMP; 50-60-201, 50-60-202, 50-60-203, MCA; NEW, 2016 MAR p. 316, Eff. 2/20/16; AMD, 2019 MAR p. 2242, Eff. 12/7/19; AMD, 2022 MAR p. 911, Eff. 6/11/22.