As used in this chapter, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Bureau" means the weights and measures bureau of the Montana department of labor and industry.
(2) "Commercial weighing or measuring device" means:
(a) any weight, measure, weighing or measuring device commercially used to establish:
(i) the size, quantity, extent, area or measurement of quantities, things, produce or articles for distribution or consumption that are offered or sold; or
(ii) any basic charge of payment for services rendered on the basis of weight or measure; and
(b) any accessory attached to or used in connection with a commercial weighing or measuring device when such accessory is so designed or installed that its operation affects, or may affect, the accuracy of the device.
(3) "NIST" means the national institute of standards and technology of the United States department of commerce.
(4) "Registered service agency" means any agency, firm, company or corporation that for hire, award, commission or any other payment of any kind installs, services, repairs or reconditions a commercial weighing or measuring device, and that voluntarily registers itself as such with the bureau.
(5) "Registered serviceperson" means any individual who for hire, award, commission or any other payment of any kind installs, services, repairs or reconditions a commercial weighing or measuring device, and who voluntarily applies for registration with the bureau.
History: 30-12-202, MCA; IMP, 30-12-202, MCA; NEW, 1998 MAR p. 1498, Eff. 6/12/98; TRANS, from Commerce, & AMD, 2005 MAR p. 445, Eff. 4/1/05.