24.351.207 SPLIT WEIGHING ALLOWED
(1) The net weight of any commodity, including raw logs, grain, and quarried rock, transported by any combination of truck, truck tractor, trailer, or semi-trailer, may be determined by split weighing on a scale licensed by the bureau.
(2) There must be a written agreement for loads that are split weighed and it must contain the following information:
(a) names of both the vendor and purchaser;
(b) agreement by the vendor and purchaser that the net weights of the loads covered by the agreement will be determined by split weighing;
(c) commodity covered by the agreement; and
(d) time period covered by the written agreement.
(3) A copy of the agreement must accompany each load that is split weighed.
(4) For purposes of this rule, the weigh ticket must include the following information:
(a) name of the scale operator;
(c) location and address of the scale; and
(d) clear indication the load was split weighed.
(5) The following information must be on the weigh ticket or on a separate signed supplemental document that must be attached to the weigh ticket and accompany the product while being delivered. The scale operator must certify for each load:
(a) each axle of the vehicle or combination of vehicles rests on a straight surface that is level with the deck of the vehicle scale; or, if not level, the amount by which the deck of the scale is not level does not exceed 1/3 inch per foot of distance between the deck of the vehicle scale and the axle;
(b) the brakes of the vehicle or combination of vehicles were not used while the vehicle was being weighed; and
(c) the transmission of the vehicle or combination of vehicles was in neutral.
(6) A copy of each weigh ticket, and supplemental documents if applicable, must be submitted to the bureau within ten days after the last day of the month the load(s) were split weighed.
History: 30-12-107, MCA; IMP, 30-12-107, 37-12-306, 37-12-406, MCA; NEW, 2013 MAR p. 1984, Eff. 11/1/13