32.12.301 FRESH FANCY QUALITY OR FRESH FANCY AA GRADES: MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS OF PROCUREMENT AND DISTRIBUTION
(1) Each packing station or plant must have a
satisfactory procurement and distribution program including, but not limited
to, the following requirements at the farm and retail store level as
(2) Eggs from each flock must be packed
separately and the shipping cases marked so as to facilitate segregation at the
packing station. A flock consists of birds not varying in age by more than 60
days. In operations with a continuous replacement procedure, such as in cage
operations, birds must be grouped together in accordance with the above
(3) Eggs must be gathered from the nest at least
twice and preferably three times daily.
(4) All eggs must be cleaned in accordance with
the applicable provisions of ARM 32.12.605. Eggs may be treated by oil dipping,
oil spraying, or oil-emulsion spraying; provided, that methods used will
not cause objectionable cloudiness in the whites. Oil treating and cleaning
operations must be in compliance with the sanitary requirements of ARM
(5) Eggs must be cooled promptly after gathering
to 50°F. or below and held at a reasonably constant temperature not to exceed
55°F. and at a relative humidity of approxi-mately 70%. Notwithstanding the
foregoing, the temperature of the eggs may rise to 70°F. during washing and
packaging operations provided the eggs are moved promptly to a cooler or are
transported at a temperature of 50°F, or below.
(6) Eggs must be transported and handled under such conditions as will
prevent sweating and at a temperature of 55°F. or below; or at 60°F. or below
when not held in excess of 4 hours.
(7) The temperature at which the eggs are held and displayed at the retail
store may not exceed 55°F.
(8) Periodic checks to determine the adequacy of the production and
distribution programs must be made by the department.
History: Sec. 81-20-207 MCA; IMP, Sec. 81-20-207 MCA; Eff. 12/31/72.