32.3.1505 BLOOD TESTING WITH SALMONELLA ANTIGENS
(1) The official pullorum-typhoid blood test is the standard tube agglutination test, the rapid serum test, or the stained-antigen, rapid, whole-blood test. The antigen used for official whole-blood tests shall be supplied by the Montana Department of Livestock, Animal Health Division.
(2) There must be an interval of at least 21 days between any official blood test and any previous test with pullorum-typhoid antigen.
(3) All chickens to be used as breeders must be tested when more than five months of age.
(4) All turkeys to be used as breeders must be tested when more than four months of age.
(5) In breeding flocks, all reactors to tests with salmonella antigens, other than salmonella pullorum-typhoid antigen, must be considered in determining the disease classification of the flock.
(6) Reactors may be submitted to the Montana Department of Livestock, Animal Health Division Laboratory for autopsy and bacteriological examination. The number of reactors to be submitted must be designated by a representative of the Montana Department of Livestock, Animal Health Division. In case such bacteriological examination fails to demonstrate pullorum or typhoid infections, the flock may be classified as free from pullorum or typhoid. If other members of the Salmonella group are isolated, the Montana Department of Livestock, Animal Health Division may disqualify the flock for the production of hatching eggs, or require such action as is deemed necessary with respect to the infection.
(7) The Montana Department of Livestock, Animal Health Division may designate or license authorized testing agents who have demonstrated the ability to perform the duties of pullorum-typhoid testing to the satisfaction of the department.
(a) No dealer, broker, or poultry market operator may be designated.
(b) The department may charge a fee for designation.
(c) The department has the authority to revoke designations.
History: 81-20-101, MCA; IMP, 81-20-101, MCA; Eff. 12/31/72; AMD, 2011 MAR p. 1556, Eff. 8/12/11; AMD, 2014 MAR p. 1096, Eff. 5/23/14.