32.3.217 SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR POULTRY
(1) Poultry, including hatching eggs, may enter the state of Montana provided they are transported or moved in conformity with ARM 32.3.201 through 32.3.211 and are accompanied by an official health certificate or other approved documentation.
(2) Poultry and hatching eggs originating from hatcheries or premises participating in the national poultry improvement plan may be accompanied by a VS Form 9-3 in lieu of an official health certificate.
(3) Poultry and hatching eggs not originating from hatcheries or premises participating in the national poultry improvement plan:
(a) must be accompanied by an import permit, an official health certificate of the state of origin attesting that they are free of infectious, contagious, or communicable disease or exposure thereto; and
(b) all poultry older than four months of age must be officially Pullorum tested with negative results within 30 days.
(4) Poultry must not be vaccinated or exposed to a live virus vaccine within 30 days of the date of shipment into Montana.
(5) Shipping crates in which poultry and hatching eggs are shipped into the state of Montana must be new or thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before using for shipment.
History: 81-2-102, 81-2-707, MCA; IMP, 81-2-102, 81-2-703, 81-2-707, MCA; Eff. 12/31/72; AMD, Eff. 11/4/75; AMD, Eff. 6/5/76; AMD, Eff. 5/5/77; AMD, 1977, MAR p. 962, Eff. 11/26/77; AMD, 1/20/78; 1978 MAR p. 579, Eff. 4/25/78; AMD, 1978 MAR p. 1179, Eff. 8/11/78; AMD, 1979 MAR p. 844, Eff. 8/17/79; AMD, 1980 MAR p. 1713, Eff. 6/27/80; AMD, 2020 MAR p. 1843, Eff. 10/10/20.