32.3.505 MOVEMENT OF ANIMALS FROM TEST-POSITIVE HERDS AND EPIZOOTIC AREAS
(1) Test-positive animals shall remain quarantined until they are consigned to slaughter channels.
(2) Test-positive herds shall be subject to an immediate quarantine and all animals shall remain on the current premises, the owner's premises, or another premises approved by the state veterinarian except:
(a) any individually identified animal consigned to slaughter channels;
(b) bull calves less than 12 months of age;
(c) bulls that have been individually tested negative to three consecutive PCR tests as per ARM 32.3.501(14)(b); and
(d) virgin heifers.
(3) The owner of test-positive herds shall complete a herd management plan in consultation with a deputy state veterinarian.
(4) Release of quarantine for male cattle will be when:
(a) All test-positive animals have been removed from the premises and consigned to slaughter channels.
(b) All remaining bulls 12 months of age and older, shall individually test negative to three consecutive PCR tests as per ARM 32.3.501(14)(b). Testing must be completed within 45 days of first positive test, unless otherwise approved by the state veterinarian.
(c) An approved individual herd management plan is on file with the department.
(5) Release of quarantine for female cattle will be when:
(a) All nonvirgin female cattle have been:
(i) consigned to slaughter channels; or
(ii) documented to be greater than 120 days pregnant by a deputy state veterinarian; or
(iii) documented to be isolated from all bulls for 120 days, following the removal of test-positive animals from the premises.
(b) An approved individual herd management plan is on file with the department and all male cattle have been released from quarantine as per ARM 32.3.505(3) and (4).
(c) Other variances or exceptions to requirements will be considered on an individual basis by the administrator based on an individual herd management plan.
(6) Release of trichomoniasis test-positive herd status will be when a negative whole herd trichomoniasis test is completed following the next breeding season. The test must be completed prior to December 31 or as determined by an individual herd management plan.
History: 81-2-102, 81-2-103, MCA; IMP, 81-2-102, 81-2-108, MCA; NEW, 2007 MAR p. 204, Eff. 2/9/07; AMD, 2010 MAR p. 413, Eff. 2/12/10; AMD, 2011 MAR p. 2632, Eff. 12/9/11; AMD, 2013 MAR p. 1624, Eff. 8/9/13.