36.22.1103 NOTIFICATION AND REPORT OF EMERGENCIES AND UNDESIRABLE INCIDENTS
(1) The owner or operator of a facility must give immediate notice by telephone to an authorized representative of the board and a written report to the board administrator within five working days of any of the following emergencies:
(a) the spill, leak, or release of more than 50 barrels of oil or water containing more than 15,000 parts per million (ppm) total dissolved solids (TDS) ;
(b) the spill, leak, or release of any amount of oil or of water containing more than 15,000 ppm TDS that enters surface water or groundwater;
(c) the spill, leak, or release of any amount of produced water that degrades surface water or groundwater;
(d) the release of any amount of gas with concentrations of 100 or more ppm hydrogen sulfide that is not immediately controlled;
(e) any fire; and
(f) any blowout.
(2) The owner or operator must file a written report with the board administrator within five working days after any of the following:
(a) the spill, leak, or release of ten (10) or more barrels of oil or water containing more than 15,000 ppm TDS that is not
completely contained within tank firewalls; and
(b) the escape or release of over 3,000 MCF of gas.
(3) The written and telephone reports referred to in parts (1) and (2) of this rule must include the following information:
(a) the location of the facility involved in sufficient detail that the site of the emergency can be readily located on the ground;
(b) an estimation of the quantity of oil, water or gas lost, destroyed, or permitted to escape;
(c) steps that have been or will be taken to remedy the situation and the time schedule for each; and
(d) any injuries or property damage.
(4) The owner or operator must file with the board administrator any supplemental report that may be required by the board in connection with any individual emergency or undesirable incident.
(5) The reporting required by this rule is in addition to
all other reporting required by other applicable local, state,
and federal laws and regulations.
History: Sec. 82-11-111, MCA; IMP, Sec. 82-11-123, MCA; Eff. 12/31/72; AMD, 1992 MAR p. 654, Eff. 4/1/92.